Aura vs. ID Guard Comparison
With numerous identity theft protection services available throughout the US, it’s not easy to choose the best one. We focus on identifying companies that can help protect your personal and financial info, and Aura and ID Guard stand out as top-rated companies in this category. In this guide, we are trying to answer which of these two options is better for your preference. The comparison focuses on details about both companies, their similarities and benefits. Let’s start the Aura vs. ID Guard showdown!
When someone stole Hari Ravichandran’s credit information, they couldn’t dream that would motivate the entrepreneur to enter the digital security market. It took five years for the businessman to establish Aura, and it entered the industry in 2019. Although it’s only been around for several years, the company has become an all-around service that protects your identity, finances, and other sensitive information.
Plans & Pricing
Aura has plans for individuals and groups, and here’s a brief overview:
- Individual. The starting plan begins at $12 per month, and although it’s for one person, you can keep up to ten devices safe with it. Financial fraud protection and white-glove fraud remediation are included.
- Couple. The price is $22 per month, and you essentially get the same features as in the previous package, but for two people.
- Family. The subscription serves five adults and unlimited children and comes with parental controls for kids’ protection.
Each plan comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, and you can use a 14-day free trial. If you need more details about the plan, read our detailed Aura review for more information.
Special Features & Services
Here are the critical features and services offered by the Aura identity protection company:
- Dark web monitoring. The service monitors the dark web to see if your SSN, driver’s license, card, or other sensitive info appears there. It immediately sends an alert to inform you about a potential issue.
- White glove fraud remediation. If you’ve become a victim of identity theft, the team can help you make the right moves to get the most out of a bad situation.
- Smart Vault. You can save sensitive files in a secure place with this feature, with the capacity starting at 1 GB and depending on the package.
- Identity theft insurance. Aura has this insurance placed at $1 million per person, but the sum you get depends on the criteria your situation meets.
It’s hard to find an identity protection company that offers better customer support than Aura. You can get in touch with them 24/7 via live online chat and also count on phone support. It’s worth noting that the FAQ section is incredibly comprehensive, and there’s a blog with useful articles, too.
ID Guard Review
Identity Guard has been in the business for over two decades, and they’ve resolved over 140,000 fraud cases so far. The company has been dedicated to innovation, so it’s no wonder that it keeps attracting customers. Their website is clean and intuitive, and you’ll also find a mobile app for added convenience.
Plans & Pricing
ID Guard has three plans for its users, and we list them below:
- Identity Guard Value. The price is $8.99 if you pay monthly, and it includes a risk management report, data breach alerts, dark web and transaction monitoring.
- Identity Guard Total. For $19.99 per month, you get all the features in the Value subscription, plus a bank account monitoring feature and credit monitoring.
- Ultra Plan. The most expensive package unlocks access to their white glove fraud remediation department and provides extra features like sex offense and criminal monitoring.
You can visit Identity Guard’s website to learn more about the latest prices.
Special Features & Services
Here are some features that make Identity Guard stand out from the competition:
- IBM Watson. It’s an AI system developed by IBM and often used in finance, healthcare, and other industries. The idea is to apply machine learning and other AI features to offer the best identity theft protection possible.
- Dark web monitoring. As our Identity Guard review mentions, this feature scans the un-indexed section of the internet to inform you of your sensitive data appearing there.
- $1 million identity theft insurance. You can count on it in every package offered by the company.
Customer support is an area that could be better since there doesn’t seem to be a live chat. Agents are available over the phone, but only during working hours, and they don’t even work on Sundays. Emails will take 24-48 hours to process, and the only area where you can expect quick support is if your package includes white glove remediation in case someone steals your identity.
What do Aura and ID Guard Have in Common?
The critical thing is that they actually belong to the same company. ID Guard is one of the brands owned by Aura and its founder Hari Ravichandran. It’s worth noting that Aura also acquired Pango, Privacy Mate, and FigLeaf.
You’ll notice some similar features, such as the $1 million identity theft insurance. Both companies also offer stolen identity remediation agents, but check if this service is a part of your subscription. These can help if you find yourself to be a victim of ID theft, as professionals can help protect your data and recommend the best steps to take through the process.
What Are The Benefits of Aura?
Here are some reasons why you should consider this company as your preferred finance and ID protection service:
- Around-the-clock customer support. It’s important that agents are available 24/7 if you have any questions or issues regarding the identity theft protection service.
- A huge range of extra services. Some subscriptions come with parental controls that intend to keep your kids and their devices safe, and you can also use VPN, antivirus, spam protection, and other useful extra services.
- Smart vault to protect your sensitive files. The company will store any sensitive documents in a secure vault that you can access from anywhere.
Check the official Aura website to find the latest pricing and special offers for our visitors.
What Are The Benefits of ID Guard?
Identity Guard can protect your identity and financial info, and here are the main reasons to choose this company:
- Affordable prices for each subscription. You can get an additional discount if you subscribe via the links available on our website.
- A large tradition in the industry. The company has been around for over 20 years, and it’s a reputable name in the ID protection business.
- Using artificial intelligence for more robust scanning. The service uses IBM Watson for a more comprehensive search and better odds of detecting potential threats to your digital security.
Aura and ID Guard are the leading services in the identity theft protection industry. They are now owned by the same businessman, with Aura being the parent company. You can’t go wrong by choosing Aura since it offers dark web monitoring and other features that protect your ID, but also financial fraud protection, parental controls for children, antivirus, VPN, and other extra services. It’s nice to see celebrities like Robert Downey Jr. advertising Aura as that’s another sign that this is a premium company and a true market leader.
Identity Guard is another brand owned by Aura, but it does have a somewhat different approach to ID protection. The biggest benefit is the use of IBM Watson to look for potential threats and identify as many as possible. Combined with comprehensive fraud monitoring and alerts, this also becomes an identity theft protection service worth monitoring. Ultimately, we suggest picking the platform that suits your preferences. We have a detailed comparison, as well as reviews, that could help you learn more about the available options before choosing the desired company.